Here are some helpful instructions on adding or updating your information in our online directory.
The goal of our online directory is to enable you to find new clients who require legal assistance in a family law matter. Your contact information will appear in the directory, and your profile page will include an online form that a potential new client can fill-out and submit with the information being emailed directly to you.
- Go to the registration page at www.familylawlss.ca/directory-registration.
- Fill-out the online form and click the submit button at the bottom.
- Your information will be immediately submitted to our administration however it will not be accessible to the general public yet. You only get added to the online directory after your information has been reviewed by someone at the Ontario Family Law Limited Scope Services Project.
- Once someone at our office reviews your submitted information and you qualify to be part of the directory, we will activate your profile. As soon as we activate your profile your name and information appears in the online directory.
You can update any part of your information in the directory. So for example if you phone number changes – you can easily update it. Or if you start offering another limited scope service you can add it to your profile.
Go to www.familylawlss.ca/lawyer-profile-update and login when prompted with your email address and the password you chose when you registered. If you forgot your password, no problem. There will be a link to assign a new one on the page.
Make sure to press the “update” button at the bottom when you’re ready to submit your updates.
If you run into trouble or need any assistance, simply contact us.
If you would like to be fully removed from our online directory, please contact us.
Adding a head shot photo of yourself on your profile page is not required. If you prefer to not include one, simply do not press the upload button.
If you would like to add a photo, the image should be approximately 200×200 pixels in size and under 2MB. If the dimensions are larger than 200×200 our system will automatically resize the photo for you.
The Ontario Family Law Limited Scope Services Project reserves the right to add or remove lawyers from the Family Law Limited Scope Services Roster at our discretion.
Province-wide recruitment and training of family lawyers to join the roster is ongoing. The minimum requirements for admission to the Roster are as follows:
- A minimum of at least 3 most recent consecutive years (if less, an explanation is required) in the practice of law in which family law comprised at least 33% of your practice;
- Family law must comprise a minimum of 30% of your current practice at the time of your application.
- You must have completed the FLLSS training provided by the Project before submitting your application to the roster.
Information about training available via webinar and upcoming in-person sessions and the registration process. Information about upcoming training and the registration process will be posted here: https://www.familylawlss.ca/events